Tuesday, April 11, 2006

well...i finally watched rang de basanti today at PVR along with my parents,grand mum n 2 of my aunts...AWESOME MOVIE !!! surely beats dil chah tha hai,given the fact tat the latter ,though was seen as the begining of new age indian cinema,failed to send out any clear message,atleast to me.....hey hold on ! i am not sayin it did not have any message at all...i mean,a young guy fallin in luv with an older woman,r saif's confused way of thinking when it came to love r for tat matter aamir glorifyin himself as the demigod of anti-love,all these were portrayed really well,but it just failed to present one single message for the audience n the climax also sounded predictable(with aamir finally gettin his "lady love")....RDB,on the other hand,was simply flawless right from the begining.

well,as soon as we enterred the cinema hall,there was some documentry on adoption,which apparently made my grand mum feel that the movie had alreayd begun n this child adoption scene,according to her,was turnin out to be such a beautiful starting for the movie....after the documentary,something dreadful happened.....A DOCUMENTARY ON AIDS PREVENTION ! for a moment,this switch over from a topic as trivial as adoption to as night-marish as condoms, turned out to be even more dramatic than titanic sinking ! then came another trailer,worse than the previous one...this time it was the turn of sharon stone givin sum tips on seducin thru BASIC INSTINCT 2....for a second,i thought someone delibrately wanted to seek revenge with me by hurlin a tsunami of such trailers when i am with my family...i even thought of gettin up n gougin the eyes of tat guy in the projector room...what on earth made him forget tat there were "family people" inside the hall...as if "condoms-ko-isthamaal-karna-math-bhulna" advice wasnt enough,he also wanted sharon stone to give us a piece of her mind????(n some body..agrrrrrr!)...it was sooooo embarassing..i literally closed my eyes with my hands,n later cudnt resist makin holes in the fingers to get sum glimpse of the movie....i even heard some one expressin her suspicion of having got into the right cinema hall...i turned around to see who had made tat comment,only to realise tat it was my already baffled paati,who was now tryin to make faces at me,as if beggin for mercy ! surely,with grand moms around,entertainment just doubles..

finally the movie begins...(what a relief !).i wont get into the details of the movie..the first half of the movie makes u feel as if u r witnessin another "dhoom" episode...but only later,u will realise how beautifully the director has shown the transformation of a group of hot blooded young men,brimming with energy,to whom enjoyin every moment of life is a sacred mission,into matured responsible citizens.....the songs are sublty crafted to fit the youthful image of the characters,...at one instant,even i could not hold from letting myself loose..."out of control"...but thanks to my strong mind...i held myself from creatin a catastrophe in the theatre.
the phirangi actress is HOT...she has acted well too. luks like we have another keira knightly in the makin !

anyway,there r some really emotional scenes,in the latter half of the movie...one of my aunts was actually strugglin to keep her eyes dry(maybe she cud associate one of the characters to her son ! in the gud sense of course !)...
well,on the whole,the movie,the company n ofcourse my grand mom(she deserves a special mention....yeah !) culminated to give me a fantastic TREAT !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and
I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.


Check out my site; satellite astra

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home